Dearmin Fogarty PLLC represents companies and individuals involved in a broad range of tort and personal injury matters, including actions for wrongful death. For example, we have represented companies and people in matters involving automobile collisions, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, sexual abuse, premises liability and construction defect actions. We also represent individuals and businesses relating to defamation or intentional acts, such as assault and battery.
Our past cases include representation of:
- A boat house owner accused of negligently maintaining the facility and allegedly failing to prevent wind-storm damage to boats moored at the marina.
- A logging contractor accused of negligence in a wrongful death action filed in federal court.
- A boat operator in a water ski accident who was accused of negligent navigation.
- The City of Seattle in a case involving a public golf course that allegedly was negligently designed and maintained.
- The owner of a Ben & Jerry’s franchise in a trip-and-fall lawsuit that resulted in a decision in favor of the franchise at arbitration.
- The State of Washington in a personal injury action where the State was dismissed after the court found that the State employees were not acting in the course of their jobs when engaging in the injury-producing conduct.
- Defense and prosecution of claims involving negligent driving and negligent roadway design/maintenance.
- The owner/property management company of a shopping mall for the alleged negligent design and maintenance of a parking lot.
- The owner of a tavern for alleged over-service of alcohol to a patron who was later involved in a serious drunk driving accident with two young adults.
- An insurance company in a successful subrogation claim under the Model Toxics Cleanup Act to recover hundreds of thousands of dollars in environmental remediation costs.
- A pedestrian who was hit by a car at the intersection of a parking lot and public right-of-way in King County, Washington.
- A patient who was sexually abused by a health care provider.
- A WSU graduate who was assaulted by another WSU graduate after a WSU football game at Qwest Field.